Taggie Board section.
I am funny (though others dun think so) but anyway..hmm..I find it interesting to be able to leave my opinions here..well..
it seems fun..and I hope that all of you who are reading this would enjoy too..=)
I like to Eat..Play the Piano..and to watch Korean dramas..but not those really soapy and sad ones..I prefer happy endings..hehe..
My Aim WhIch Seems so Far Far Away: Get into NJC..can I?? Hmm..
SyaZanaXuaN FaNgThing ThingYuTiNg4t1-tedCLaREMapLeStoryYuN HaO
I went to watch the fireworks display on tuesday. It was really fun, and scary as well. Haha..
It started when my sis and I met my uncle, aunt and my grandmother at Marina Bay Mrt Station. I realised that my grandmother seemed to shrink whenever I met her each time. I wonder if she is really shrinking or whether it is me who is growing.As we headed for the bus stop, there were many people waiting for the bus, and my sis said that the bus only came at every 15 mins interval. But fortunately, my always lucky uncle managed to flag a taxi and we headed down to the Long Beach Seafood Restaurant. As I stepped into the restaurant, there were reserved signs on each table, but I wondered if they were just for display. We ate a sumptuous dinner, which consisted of chilli crab, pepper crab, and lots more. While eating, my mum joined us. But, despite so, she could enjoy the food like us as she was supposed to eat vegetarian food that day. What a pity. And before I knew it, I was too full to eat any further.
At 8 pm, we set off for the park. My uncle brought a radio cum torchlight and it came into good use in the later part of the night. As we walked on the winding and never ending paths, we finally reached the grass area where everyone was seated so comfortably. We spread out a "huge" mat which did not seem to be big enough for us. My grandmother sat beside me and took off her sneaker shoes, showing off her glittery gold socks. She was really cute, haha. Despite being old, she is still really young at heart. Watching her really makes me laugh.
As we waited and waited and waited for 9 pm, I was so bored. I thought that hmm..maybe I could count the stars. But when I looked up, only one pathetic shining star could be seen. Well, so I decided to focus on the beautiful and majestic landscape of Singapore. The buildings seemed to glowing and I realised that I had never really observed each and every building of the CDB of Singapore. However, boredoom started to sink in again and I waited impatiently for the fireworks to start.
As I continued to wait for the last few minutes to tick, the sky suddenly exploded with the fireworks. "woah"s could be heard and I was quite wowed by it.With every Boom that the fireworks made, my heart jumped. The beginning was not really well done as the fireworks were in a mess. Furthermore, the fireworks were only of two colours which are red and yello. Despite so, as the display neared its end, Everything seemed so perfect as I watched it and I felt that the wait is rather worthwhile.
We got up to leave the place and we ended up walking through the dark and eerie forested areas of the park. As we walked on roots of tree and long grasses, my grandmother complained as to why we choose to walk here when we could walk on paths. However, due to my uncle's stubborness, we continued to walk and wander deeper. My uncle's torchlight came into use as we were really unable to see where we were walking. It seemed like an adventure as I felt like I was in a ghost movie. Everything was so silent, and only the sounds of the insects could be heard.
I was sort of like expecting to find a dead body or a head popping out of trees as everything was really dark. Luckily, we met with nothing.
Our efforts paid off when we finally emerged from the trees. It was really a long walk but I felt that it was rather fun. My legs hurt when I finally reached home, and I really thank my uncle for giving me such a memorable and wonderful day. But guess what? I am going to catch the fireworks display on saturday again. Its really a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! So, it's better not to miss it.
posted @ 11:32 AM